All-Round Cords were available up to 1968, and could be earned by Guides or Rangers who had gained First Class Badge. The blue cords were for Guides and the red for Rangers. They were worn looped round the shoulder under the epaullette, and with the ends tucked into the blouse pocket.
1921 POR stated that they: "can be worn by any Guide having passed the First Class and any other seven tests, in addition to those included in the First Class." - In other words, seven further Proficiency Badges, not counting those used in gaining First Class.